Registration number: SC024407
Company name: H & W Harkess Ltd
Dates in business: 1946-1987
Company name: House of Fraser (Five) Ltd
Dates in business: 1987-1988
Type of business: funeral undertakers
Type of company: Limited liability companyLocations:
Management of company
The first directors of the company were George Learmonth Harkess, Colin Reid Harkess, Harry Archibald Stewart and Thomas Andrew Aitchison. George Harkess was the chairman, George Harkess and Colin Harkess were joint managing directors and J.A. Aitchison was the secretary.
H & W Harkess Ltd, funeral undertakers, was incorporated in August 1946 with its registered office at 10 West Nicolson Street, Edinburgh. In the 1960s, it acquired John Croall & Sons (Funeral Directors) Ltd, of Edinburgh. In June 1978, Harkess was acquired by Wylie & Lochhead (Funerals) Ltd, a company owned by House of Fraser Ltd. In January 1980, it ceased trading and its business and assets were transferred to Wylie & Lochhead (Funerals) Ltd. In June 1987, the name of the company was changed to House of Fraser (Five) Ltd and the company's registered office was changed to 69 Buchanan Street, Glasgow. The company was dissolved in July 1988.
Records held for H & W Harkess Ltd:
Related People and Companies:
Access points: Undertakers