Company name: J & A Ogilvie Ltd
Dates in business: 1846-1987
Type of business: house furnishers and cabinetmakers
Type of company:Locations:
J & A Ogilvie, house furnishers and cabinetmakers, was established in 1846 in Aberdeen by James Ogilvie and Alexander Ogilvie. The business had a store in Union Street and a factory in Willowbank Road. In 1955, the business was acquired by Wylie & Lochhead Ltd. In 1957, Wylie & Lochhead Ltd and its subsidiaries, including J & A Ogilvie Ltd, was acquired by House of Fraser Ltd. In c 1966, J & A Ogilvie Ltd opened a new factory in Albury Road. The name, J & A Ogilvie Ltd, ceased to be used in 1987.
Records held for J & A Ogilvie Ltd:
Related People and Companies: