Registration number: SC036613
Company name: John Croall & Sons Ltd
Dates in business: 1897-c 1960s
Company name: John Croall & Sons (Funeral Directors) Ltd
Dates in business: c 1960s-1987
Company name: House of Fraser (Two) Ltd
Dates in business: 1987-1991
Company name: HOF (2) Ltd
Dates in business: 1991-1992
Type of business: funeral undertakers and carriage hirers
Type of company: Limited liability companyLocations:
Management of company
The company's first directors were Robert Croall, Thomas Aitken and J. Hay Irons.
John Croall & Sons Ltd was incorporated in February 1897 to acquire and carry on the businesses of John Croall & Sons, undertakers, coach and cab proprietors and coach builders, of Edinburgh, Scott Croall & Sons, job and postmasters, horse and carriage auctioneers, valuators and livery stable keepers, of Edinburgh, and Robert Croall & Co, job and postmasters and livery stable keepers, of Edinburgh. The company's registered office was in Castle Terrace, Edinburgh.
At some point before the 1960s, the company changed its name to John Croall & Sons (Funeral Directors) Ltd.
In the 1960s, the company was acquired by H & W Harkess Ltd, funeral undertakers, of Edinburgh. In June 1978, Harkess was, in turn, acquired by Wylie & Lochhead (Funerals) Ltd, a company owned by House of Fraser Ltd. In June 1987, Croall's name was changed to House of Fraser (Two) Ltd. The name was changed again, in 1991, to HOF (2) Ltd. HOF (2) Ltd was dissolved in April 1992.
Records held for John Croall & Sons Ltd:
Related People and Companies: