Company name: Pettigrew & Stephens
Dates in business: 1888-1904
Type of business: drapers and house furnishers
Type of company: PartnershipLocations:
Management of company
The founding partners were Andrew Hislop Pettigrew and William Henry Stephens. Stephens died in 1896 leaving Pettigrew in sole charge.
Pettigrew & Stephens was established in 1888 with premises at 181-193 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. In 1901 the premises were rebuilt and refurbished, featuring a gilt dome designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The company sold a wide range of goods, including clothes, millinery, confectionery, carpets, furniture, ironmongery and china.
In 1904, the company was registered as a limited liability company, Pettigrew & Stephens Ltd.
Records held for Pettigrew & Stephens:
Related People and Companies: